Thursday 20 December 2007

Menyambut Aidil Adha

Assalamualaikum! Selamat menyambut Hari Raya Aidil Adha! How was your (all of you out there) Aidil Adha? As for me and family, we did the normal things that we do almost every Hari Raya Aidil Adha. The night before I cooked some food meant for the morning breakfast. I got up early to prepare for more food meant for lunch. Then we had small breakfast and quickly dressed up for the Mosque. Then we did the Aidil Adha prayers. I was surprised that todays sermon by the Imam was more 'daring' than ever before(if you understand what I mean). So I nudged the Imam's wife who happened to sit beside me.(He, He, he)

We came back from mosque, we had some Raya food. As her usual practise, my kind neighbour gave a tray and bowls of her special Raya menu. (How lucky we are to have her as our neighbour!) So we ate her delicious nasi beriyani and the accompanying lauk-pauk.

After that my husband and my son went to help people at the surau to cut the korban meat. Later one of the surau committee came to deliver about 1 kilo of the korban meat.

Then my brother and her family came over and we ate more food. My sister in law brought me a beautiful cake (lucky me!)

Later a special guest visited us and we accompanied her to eat the laksa I specilly cooked for her. Then my sister in law (husband's sister) came over and brought more food (people say, murah rezeki, Alhamdulillah!).

To cut long story short, as I am typing this I am so full and bloated. Alhamdulillah, all went well for today's Hari Raya Aidil Adha. Hope yours (all of you out there) went well too. At the same time I remember my 2 daughters far away overseas, Yanna in Cairo and Lia in Jordan. I hope they enjoyed their Aidil Adha too with their friends over there! Eid Mubarak!

2 comments:

  1. Waalaikum salam Mak Teh,Id' Mubarak.

    This year's Aidil Adha is one of my saddest and loneliest Aidil Adha that I can recall as I spent it here practically alone, (except for my daughter Aida who flew in on the eve of Aidil Adha) in this tiny island of Labuan. Aside from the food, what I missed most was the solat sunat Aidil Adha at Masjid Negeri Shah Alam, that we always have together. Another 2 of my other kids came the next day but that feeling of happiness is not the same. It is still not home. Just wondering what was the brave comment that that the imam made during his qutbah. Hope to catch up with you on that.

    I have now made a promise to myself that no matter where I am, I must make sure that I'm at home with my family during Ramadhan and both the Hari Rayas.

    Hope to see you then, Insyallah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mazz, I thought you had an enjoyable Aidil Adha with your children. I guess its not the same as when you are home, in your sweet home and lovely Shah Alam! Of course I understand you'd miss the Shah Alam mosque. I experienced that feeling when were in Alor Setar.

    ReplyDelete