Sunday 22 July 2007

The Acar Buah Utara is Ready!



Hi Guys! What I have promised you for the last few days is now ready! It took me nearly the whole morning (about 2 hours) preparing the ingridients and the whole afternoon to do the cooking ( nearly 3 hours). So its satisfaction and happiness after I have comleted the dish. When I tasted the finished product, hmmmm, it's so deliciously sour, sweet and spicy. This recipe originated from Kedah. In the north, a feast for the wedding will not be complete without the Acar Buah. The person who taught me this recipe did not give any details as to the quantity of the ingredients. So if you are asking me for the recipe I can onlt tell you the ingridients and the steps of cooking. As to the proportion of each ingriedient, I 'hentam saja' as I like. You have to use logic when you estimate the proportion of each ingridient. Now I am too tired to list out the ingredients and the steps of cooking. May be I will do that tomorrow. So for now feast your eyes on the lovely looking and appetising Acar Buah! He, he, he.

6 comments:

  1. yum! sedapnya acar buah!!!! satu periuk tuuu! yes, please post the recipes!

    When I was a teenager, I learned to cook from mom and always the quantities if each ingredients were never mentioned, for example the amount of bawang, i will put into my palm and show her, kalau cukup she simple nodded her head..I learned that way and now I understand if i asked some recipes from other people the couldn't give the exact amount..kalau biasa ke dapur tau la nak agak sendiri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mak Teh..jangan lupa recipenya...maklang dah lama nak belajar...TQ:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OO and mak lang, ok nanti later I try to post the recipe. Now nak pergi pasar nak cari lauk sedap sikit untuk budak-budak sekolah kita and rumah juga puasa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks so yummy!! Dah lama tak makan acar buah. Balik this time kena cari lah.
    Please do post the recipe, makteh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elisa welcome home! Nampaknya Elisa orang utara, maka satu genglah kita, he, he. Mak teh dah post recipe tu cubalah buat senang saja. tapi bahan-bahan buah-buahan tu memang elok beli di pekan rabu. Selamat mencuba!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elisa welcome home! Nampaknya Elisa orang utara, maka satu genglah kita, he, he. Mak teh dah post recipe tu cubalah buat senang saja. tapi bahan-bahan buah-buahan tu memang elok beli di pekan rabu. Selamat mencuba!

    ReplyDelete